2017 ICEP of the AMERICAS - Application Form
Date: March 13, 2016
2017 ACDA International Conductors Exchange Program: ICEP of the AMERICAS
Application Deadline: July 1, 2016
Last First Middle
Permanent Home Address
City State Zip code
Daytime Phone #: ( )
Evening Phone #: ( )
Mobile #: ( )
ACDA Member #:
City State Zip code
2017 ICEP of the AMERICAS – Residency Country Preference
Indicate top three (3) choices: 1 = 1st choice, 2 = 2nd choice, etc.
____Argentina ____Bahamas ____Brazil
____Canada ____Costa Rica ____Mexico
Video Submission Guidelines
YouTube Video Submission (Video Submissions must be uploaded to YouTube by 11:59pm, July 1, 2016)
Recording of Rehearsal of 12 minute minimum to 15 minute maximum
1. Two selections from different periods.
2. Selections should represent two different languages.
3. Selections should be in contrasting tempo and style.
1. The applicant should rehearse the choir in such a way as to focus on gestural communication, rehearsal technique, and the development of the musical product (in much same manner as a guest conductor in a festival setting).
2. The ICEP Review Committee will place primary value on gestural language and rehearsal technique.
3. The ICEP Review Committee will also place value on mastery of interpretation, appropriate use of language (metaphor, simile, analogy, etc.), and the use of imagination.
1. The camera angle will show a full frontal view of the applicant and all conducting movements.
2. The choral sound and comments of the applicant must be clearly audible on the video recording.
3. The applicant will begin each selection by announcing the title and composer of the work to be presented.
Format & Duration
1. The video recorded selections will be presented consecutively without stopping between selections.
2. The video recording will not be edited in any manner.
3. The video recording will show the applicant conducting and rehearsing for a minimum of twelve minutes and a maximum of fifteen minutes.
4. The time should be divided equally between the two selections.
URL of the uploaded audition video:
(It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy of this information)
Video Submission Information
Date of Taping:
Name of Choir:
With my signature below, I certify that I have read, understand fully, and accept the regulations for participation in the ACDA International Conductors Exchange Program, and that all statements made on this form are factual.
ICEP Application Form must be completed by Friday, July 1, 2016.
Hardcopies of the Application Form, Two Letters of Reference, Statement of Purpose, and CV must be postmarked by Friday, July 1, 2016. Please send to:
Dr. T. J. Harper, Director, ACDA International Conductors Exchange Program,
Department of Music, Providence College, 1 Cunningham Sq., Providence, RI 02918