The mission of the ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
Susquehanna Chorale Presents "Sing Me To Heaven"
Event Date: May 6, 2016
Posted: October 4, 2015
Choir type: Community Choirs
Let the Chorale sing you to Heaven in its spring concert, titled “Sing Me to Heaven” after Daniel Gawthrop’s beloved and moving piece by that name.
The theme is enlarged through an eclectic repertoire that looks at stars and ideas of heaven from a variety of perspectives and musical styles:
- Erik Esenwald’s Stars creates the majesty of a “heaven full of stars”
- Alice Parker and Mack Wilberg present traditional views of the heavenly afterlife in such classics such as Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal and Bound for the Promised Land
- Bob Chilcott’s Chautauqua Requiem, based on Mary Anne Morefield’s poem Requiem, affirms life and being in an alternative approach to the end of life on earth
- Daniel Elder’s Twinkle Twinkle Little Star elevates this simple children’s song about wonder to new heights
WORLD PREMIER! The Chorale commissioned and will perform the world premiere of Chautauqua Requiem, a setting by Bob Chilcott of Harrisburg-Area Poet Mary Anne Morefield’s poem Requiem.
- Normally announcements aren't meant to be replied to, but if you need to contact the author, click on the icon next to the author's name above.